The Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) at the University of Maryland provides a comprehensive graduate level education designed to prepare students for a successful career in real estate development. The MRED promotes a multi-disciplinary approach to real estate education. It delivers a comprehensive curriculum with a foundation in the business, finance, and entrepreneurial aspects of real estate, paying special attention to the Quadruple Bottom Line: economic viability, environmental respect, social responsibility, and beautiful design. The program offers a unique mix of elements and a strong finance foundation that prepares students to successfully address industry challenges and become accomplished practitioners. The MRED includes the following components:
- Professors who are active industry professionals, committed to providing working knowledge of how real estate is being developed and managed under current conditions.
- A location rich with real estate challenges—land development on the Eastern Shore, infill development in Washington, D.C., redevelopment of suburban transit corridors, river and harbor front makeovers in Baltimore and Washington—allowing students to explore classroom concepts with enriching site visits.
- A flexible and personal study program with start dates, course sequences, and core requirements tailored specifically to each student’s needs.
- A diverse student body, whose broad mix of academic backgrounds, practical experience, age, gender, ethnicity, and culture provide an exceptional setting for learning, collaboration, and professional connections.
- Involved and connected alumni at top real estate companies, actively support the program, its students and each other. Our graduates are making their marks at such notable companies as Jones Lang LaSalle, JBG, RCLCO, Somerset Development, First Potomac, and the Peterson Companies, as well as in public/private development at the federal, state, and local level.
In sum, the University of Maryland’s Master Degree in Real Estate Development offers an unparalleled combination of real world knowledge, real estate industry connections, and a vibrant, diverse student body.
Visit the Courses page to view all courses offered by the Real Estate Development Program.
For a list of courses offered this semester, visit Testudo.