Hoffman & Associates, Inc., a leading developer of mixed-use real estate in the Mid-Atlantic region, is looking to hire a Senior Finance Analyst or Finance Associate to support its expanding $4 billion pipeline of new projects. Hoffman’s breadth of focus includes multifamily, residential condominiums, retail, hospitality, office and master planned communities. The analyst/associate will work with internal and external counterparts across disciplines to further the success of each project and the company. The analyst/associate will also have direct, regular exposure to senior decision makers to support their strategic guidance. The role will encompass work across a variety of financial efforts, including project debt and equity financing, corporate finance, asset management, and investor relations. The analyst/associate will report to the Chief Investment Officer and the Vice President of Capital & Asset Management.
- Underwrite potential development opportunities and maintain and update proformas for existing projects; perform market research and economic data to support such underwriting; maintain an ongoing database of comparable properties for use in both underwriting and financing efforts;
- Support efforts to source, negotiate and close debt and equity; gather and provide diligence materials to capital partners;
- Compile regular reporting on projects and corporate initiatives for asset management, investor relations, and lender compliance;
- Assist with the preparation of annual business plans including review of operating budgets, market analysis, real estate tax forecasts and disposition or recapitalization strategies;
- Prepare materials and deliverables for presentations to internal executives, outside institutional investors, and other stakeholders;
- Establish and maintain ongoing monitoring of key corporate financial and operational initiatives, including outstanding debt obligations, compliance certifications, and insurance;
- Address ad hoc cash flow and strategy requests from financial counterparts, internal stakeholders, and investment partners;
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of business systems and process improvements
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain focus on broader strategic direction while executing detailed tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines while adeptly managing challenging priorities
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Underwriting and Finance--Understands key real estate underwriting, valuation, and financing concepts; able to model, analyze and sensitize financial analyses; able to clearly and concisely explain the mechanisms and outcomes of analysis to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Business Acumen--Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Motivation--Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, or similar required.
- Two to three years of related experience required.