As a commercial real estate investment manager, National seeks to transform communities through development and redevelopment projects – to make them more connected, sustainable, vibrant, and prosperous. Delivering on that mission is enormously gratifying – and a responsibility we take seriously. It’s success is dependent upon a skilled, experienced team of professionals supported by a vibrant culture. That’s why as a company, we strive to create an environment that’s creative and collaborative, where professionals from different disciplines can solve problems together and inspire each other. It’s why we communicate and act with integrity, doing the right thing by clients, partners, communities, and each other, always.
If you believe that all employees should have an opportunity to grow in their careers while supporting the Company’s overall mission, then National would like to hear from you!
With National’s sophisticated business model, and through skills development with direct access to senior leadership, employees are provided with unmatched opportunities to accelerate their careers.
While providing the best experiences and benefits of a larger firm, our smaller size allows us to be early adopters and provide our people with exceptional, personalized support.
National is committed to employee health and well-being initiatives and caring for the whole person. Our flexibility is unrivaled by our competitors, which only enhances the daily energy and enthusiasm of the company.
We currently offer a hybrid work schedule and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100% company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
We are actively seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Client Services Associate, Portfolio Management to join our team in Washington, DC!
- Make valuable contributions to the firm by maintaining existing client relationships through the processing of client requests, resolving client inquiries, and making sure key client information and documentation remains current.
- Remain intimately familiar with the portfolio investment performance for assigned funds to track, prepare, and communicate results to senior staff and external parties as needed. Document key client milestones and other meaningful data into systems that will assist with future client interactions.
- Perform a variety of investment analysis and prepare responses to due diligence requests from investors and consultants.
- With support from senior management, accurately respond to inquiries related to the firm’s business mission and investment strategy with a key focus on a client-first approach and capturing the firm's business development activities related to expanding new and existing client and investor relationships.
- Support communications and accurate recording of client capital activities (e.g., contributions, redemptions) in coordination with accounting, portfolio, and investor relations personnel as appropriate.
- Assist senior staff and asset managers in preparing the annual and quarterly investor updates, investor and consultant presentation materials and other periodic reports.
- Utilize the Company’s portfolio management software system and other software tools which streamline report preparation and updates; assist in auditing fund and investment data to ensure reporting integrity. Support the data integration, streamlining, and reporting processes to set expectations for timely report production.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the real estate investment management consulting industry.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s a degree in accounting, finance, economics, real estate, or related field is required; graduate-level degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five years in commercial real estate, financial services, or investor relations experience is required.
- Must be highly detailed-oriented and possess excellent financial, mathematical, and statistical skills and can work with complex databases and/or quantitative tools with proficiency and accuracy for extended periods of time. Must be thorough and self-disciplined in order to ensure reporting timeliness and accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic, and demonstrate excellent problem-solving, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must exhibit solid analytical and critical thinking skills and effective verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately articulate financial considerations, portfolio analysis, investment performance and valuation standards.
- Ability to travel overnight periodically on an as needed project-specific basis to attend meetings, complete research, and participate in other special events.
- Must be able to interact professionally with investors, consultants, colleagues, and outside parties while multi-tasking, in a fast-paced, complex working environment.
- Proficiency at an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite in Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word is required, and knowledge of portfolio, accounting, and real estate analysis software is required.
- This position requires incumbents to be authorized to work in the United States.