Atlantic R&R is seeking historic preservation professionals with particular experience in masonry and stone to join our growing company in a project engineer position. The role will be both field and office based with the opportunity for growth and development within the company. In this role, you will assist with the construction administration and existing conditions and associated documentation of Atlantic R&R projects. You will work on submittals, rfis, existing conditions documentations, mockup reports, shop drawings, building surveys, project drawing reviews and much more. This individual will work closely with Project Managers and Field Managers to assist with all manners of construction administration.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1-2 years of field experience in historic documentation, a graduate degree in Historic Preservation or extensive experience in the field, and a willingness to work in a field-based role. Experience in commercial construction is preferred.
- Ability to create as-built/ existing conditions surveys, hand drawing skills, contract drawing take-offs
- Ability to read and familiarity with architectural drawings (architectural, structural, demo, civil) and specifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Autocad
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to masonry and stone restoration, material conditions (preferred)
- Basic construction management knowledge: ability to read drawings, specifications, contracts, draft submittals, rfis, daily tracking logs, etc. Previous construction experience preferred
- Comfortability working on scaffolds, aerial lifts, swing stages and associated physical work associated (climbing, lifting, kneeling, standing)
- Self-starter, problem solver, team player with strong communication skills
Please submit your resume, salary expectations to email@example.com