The University Directory ID is a name given to you by the University to uniquely identify you from everyone else.
This Directory ID serves as your “Username” for University related accounts across campus. Your Directory ID is used
for the following services:
To activate your Faculty/Staff Account, please visit Division of IT Helpdesk . On the left side of the page highlight
“Get Accounts & Services” and click “Activate Faculty/Staff Account.” Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating your account.
- Electronic Grades and Rosters (UMEG)
- Enterprise Learning Management System ELMS/Canvas – Log in Here
- CANVAS Training Schedule Click CANVAS Training
- Getting started in Canvas: Canvas Overview (Video)
- ARES is the entry point for all faculty and staff services, specifically UMEG - Click Here: ARES
Once you have activated your Directory ID and Password, you can log into your email account by clicking this link: UMD EMAIL or
visiting Division of IT Helpdesk and highlighting "E-mail and Calendar" and clicking "Login to Exchange mail (OWA)"
Below is a screen shot of the ARES website, you can access UMEG from here along with many other options.