1. During an active call, press the Conf button (it appears as a soft key below the screen). This places the current call on hold and selects an idle call appearance.
2. Dial the third party.
3. Press the Join button (this will appear as a soft key) when the third party answers and is ready to confer. If the third party's line is busy, press the Drop (again, a soft key) to disconnect the third party or press the blinking call appearance to return to the original party.
4. To add a fourth party, press the soft key that says Add.
5. Dial the fourth party.
6. Press the Join button (this will appear as a soft key) when the fourth party answers and is ready to confer.
7. You may repeat steps 4 through 6 to add a fifth and sixth party to include up to six participants in a conference call.
Interactive instructions are available at Introduction to the 9630 IP Telephone.
For further instructions, reference UMD's IT Service Center's article on How to Set up a Conference Call Using the University of Maryland Telephone System.