New employment opportunities for students or recent graduates are listed below. Opportunities are listed by city, with most recent postings first.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Company: Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship
Date: 6/6/16 (application deadline: 7/10/16)
Job Description: Architectural Fellow at Bon Secours Community Works
The Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship partners early-career architectural designers with local community development organizations for a three-year term, where they facilitate an inclusive approach to development to create green, sustainable, and affordable communities. As an integral staff member of the organization, the fellow will focus on advancing the organization’s practices in community engagement, sustainability and design excellence. By becoming a fellow, you join a growing network of passionate and talented public interest designers who are continuously changing what is possible in community development.
This year, fellowship opportunities are located with Bon Secours Community Works in Baltimore, MD, CASA of Oregon in Sherwood, OR, New Orleans Redevelopment Authority in New Orleans, LA, People’s Emergency Center in Philadelphia, PA, Urban Edge and Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation in Boston, MA, and the placement at Urban Housing Solutions in Nashville, TN.
Bon Secours Baltimore Health System, Inc. is a Maryland nonprofit corporation located in the heart of Southwest Baltimore. Their mission is to “help people and communities to health and wholeness by providing compassionate, quality healthcare and being good help to all in need with special concern for the poor and dying.” Two client-facing, nonprofit subsidiaries comprise the Bon Secours Baltimore Health System. Each has a separate Board of Directors responsible for fiscal and operational oversight. The Unity and Community Works subsidiaries deliver programs and services that address the many social determinants of health – such as housing, employment, education, and financial literacy. The fellow at Bon Secours will improve development capacity of the organization while focusing on the social determinants of health through design and direct service delivery. To read the full work plan, click here.
- Architectural, academic and community experience
- Essays and response to work plan
- Design portfolio
- Participation at finalists summit
- In-person Interview
- July 10, 2016: Deadline to apply
- August 26: Finalist Summit invitees notified
- September 20-21: Finalist Summit in New York (*Travel expenses for Summit and interview will be covered by Enterprise)
- October: On-site interviews with host organizations
- November: Final decisions and notifications
- January 2017: Fellowship begins
Apply online here by July 10th, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET.
Questions? Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Columbia, MD and Washington, DC
Company: Waldon Studio Architects
Job Description: Architect Intern
Waldon Studio Architects produces a variety of design work including churches, community centers, educational K-12 and colleges/universities, government IDIQ, food service, and commercial interiors. We are currently seeking candidates to work in our Columbia MD or Washington DC offices.
Must have a professional Architectural degree from an accredited college or university. Candidate shall have excellent graphic and design skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our employees work in collaborative design teams under the direction of the Studio Director. Design teams consist of a Principle, Project Manager, Project Architect and Staff Architect(s). Each member of the design team has equal voice in pursuit of the best design for the project. Architect intern is expected to perform the following:
• Hands on design of projects
• Build models of new and existing buildings in Revit
• Assists in preparing design drawings and construction documents.
• Coordinate with design consultants
• Produce presentation graphics: colored plans, elevations and 3D renderings
• Build physical study models of buildings
Computer skills: Revit, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
To apply, submit resume and portfolio for review, to email@example.com.
Location: Washington, DC
Company: FOX Architects
Job Description: Staff Architect
FOX Architects seeks a talented Staff Architect to join our architecture/base building team. We're working on multiple large scale corporate commercial buildings and growing. Our team is located in the heart of downtown DC, just three blocks north from McPherson Square Metro (blue/orange/silver). And this is the same studio that won the AIA Merit Award for 1400 Crystal Drive and the AIA DC Presidential Citation for Sustainable Design for 440 First Street NW and Washington Gas SOC. The selected individual will assist in developing design concepts, supporting marketing and business development efforts with senior team leaders. FOX Architects believes in a holistic approach to design and working in a collaborative manner.
This a full-time position provides competitive salary and perks in a dynamic, fun and forward thinking open studio environment. Everyone’s ideas are valued and teamwork is celebrated. We are proud of our excellent client base, positive work culture and vision for our future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Architects, Project Managers and Principals in the execution of large scale project specific tasks.
- Utilize critical thinking to evaluate, select and apply design skills and techniques to project related assignments.
- Assist with design and technical support on large scale corporate commercial buildings.
- Enhance FOX culture through teamwork, collaboration and sharing of brilliant ideas.
- Provide sophisticated renderings and models related to projects.
- Performs research; supports team with materials selection and system research.
- Embodies a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Gradated or graduating from a 4 year degree undergraduate or graduate accredited program in Architecture.
- 1-3 years of progressive professional experience working on large scale corporate commercial buildings.
- In progress of becoming a licensed architect.
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills - always ready to impress.
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe suites, 3D modeling software, and Microsoft Office Suite are a must.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management techniques.
- Sincere desire to grow within the corporate commercial sector.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design/technical intent or relationship with fellow workers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resume + portfolio (no larger than 2MB) to FOX’s career website at http://foxarchitects.theresumator.com/apply/Xrxcer/Staff-Architect.
Location: Washington, DC
Company: Outerbridge Horsey Associates
Date: May 13, 2016
Job Description: Intern Architect
Outerbridge Horsey Associates is an acclaimed small design firm with a pleasant, fully collaborative office environment and is located in Georgetown, Washington, DC. Each architect is involved in every aspect of a project- design, detailing, research, and site visits – and must share a common commitment to the highest quality of customized work. Our award winning projects extend throughout the mid-Atlantic region and include new homes as well as addition/renovation projects in a range of styles.
We seek a motivated and independently driven architect with 1-5 years experience and strong design, organizational and detailing skills to assist with current projects, to contribute to our team, and to grow with our firm.
Please visit our website to view a selection from our portfolio and to learn more about the firm.
Mail resumes with cover letter and work samples/portfolio via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Beltsville, MD
Company: Regency Commercial Construction
Date: May 11, 2016
Job Description: Assistant Project Manager
Regency Commercial Construction is a commercial interior general contractor. Our projects are throughout the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. We are seeking a growth-oriented Assistant Project Manager. This opportunity is available immediately, recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Manage construction document flow – drawings, RFIs, submittals, contracts
- Preparation for and participation in weekly project meetings
- Coordination with site superintendent
- Proposal development
- It is intended for these responsibilities to grow to allow individual a career path in management.
- Dedicated, energetic, individual
- Self-sufficient and willing to learn
- Ability to succeed in professional environment – significant interaction with clients
- Ability to read construction documents (basic knowledge)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Email resume to email@example.com
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Company: Green Owl Boutique
Job Description: Boutique Assistant/Design Assistant
Green Owl Design is an Interior Design firm based in the Washington DC metropolitan area specializing in boutique to mid-size commercial interiors and select residential spaces. Understanding client needs, budgets, and project goals and translating them into dynamic, functional, spaces is paramount. Every space can be transformed to become more functional, more aesthetically appealing, healthier, and invitingly more comfortable. And, a green conscience always guides our designs. This is the premise on which Green Owl Design was founded. Incorporating the work of local artists and craftspeople are a large part of our creative process. We design, fabricate, project manage, and build.
The ideal candidate has an interest in Interior Design, Architecture, Art, Marketing, and Retail Sales. Interaction and engaging with customers is essential. Retail experience is a plus. Must be dependable, timely, and have their own
transportation. Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, has high energy, is outgoing, confident, very detailed oriented and has a commitment to professionalism. Salary range is $10-15 per hour based on experience.
Contact Info: ask@GreenOwlDesigners.com | 301.660.3426 | 5303 Baltimore Avenue | Hyattsville MD 20781
- Assist with acquiring new talent to consider for exhibition
- Assist with curating of art exhibits
- Assist with opening and closing receptions for new exhibits
- Assist with development of idea/themes for new exhibit
- Work to build direct relationships with the community to encourage activity and strategic interactions
- Create weekly meeting agenda to include any special events or promotions
- Create monthly calendar that includes any special events and promotions
- Maintain showroom supplies
- Other everyday tasks include managing mail, phone calls, restocking supplies, overall opening and closing duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ideally Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp a plus.
RETAIL AND SALES
- Identifies current and future customer needs/trends by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers of the boutique
- Determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
- Assist with developing on-line store by cataloguing and photographing inventory
- Maintain organized records for all sales transactions
- Handling of sales transactions for debits/credits, cash, and commissioned pieces
- Assist with overall store merchandising
- Assist with in-store vendor management
- Inventory management and composition of a spreadsheet that outlines weekly sales
- Assist with development of more efficient system for tracking sales and, in turn, identifying “retail” trends
- Assist with retail and design marketing materials such as devising strategies for increasing sales, creating promotions for mass email campaigns, management of email list (i.e. help edit list to truly interested parties), printed promotional material
- Manage MailChimp – our mass email campaign software
- Assist with marketing, PR, web-site management of MEDIA or special events, develop social media strategy and content and update all social media platforms
- Candidate must be proficient in all social media platforms
- The ability to multi-task, work independently and collaboratively with a small team, and take initiative in business operations is essential
- Flexibility to take on new tasks with growth of company
Location: College Park, MD
Company: University of Maryland, Departments of Design and Construction
Job Description: Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator (PC) is a developmental, entry level position in the Departments of Design & Construction (D&C) – Campus Project Management, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) – Renovation Services. The Campus Project Management unit is responsible for managing renovation projects from pre-design through procurement, construction, commissioning, equipping, furnishing and close-out. Project budgets are typically less than $5M and projects are located on the College Park campus. Incumbent will receive training and direct managerial oversight from the Assistant Director (AD), Project Management. The incumbent will provide assistance to Project Managers in conjunction with the incumbent’s developmental assignments. O&M’s Renovation Services unit is responsible for managing renovation projects from pre-design through procurement, construction, commissioning, equipping, furnishing and close-out. Renovation Services projects are typically less than $300,000 and projects are located on the College Park campus. The incumbent will provide assistance to Project Managers in conjunction with their assignments. The purpose of the training assignments, and the goal of these positions, is to provide an opportunity to develop the capability to independently perform the tasks associated with managing campus construction and/or renovation projects.
The PC will be given assignments that vary and may include tasks such as: review and become knowledgeable of construction documents; review and evaluate project submittals, e.g. RFIs, change order requests/bulletins; evaluate financial data; create project budgets; review project schedules to assess the proposed sequence of work; create project schedules; proofread various contract documents and prepare draft contract documents for the AD’s/Manager’s review; track required permit status and other time sensitive project elements. Periodically, the PC will attend design and construction meetings, progress meetings, and meetings to resolve technical issues and follow-up up on specific issues. Miscellaneous assignments may include preparation of independent reports e.g., assessments of specific task assignments as noted above or other investigative/research assignments.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required in Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, or Construction Management or related discipline.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimum six (6) months experience in architectural/engineering design, project management, or building construction. Experience may be obtained through a paid or unpaid position. Experience shall be cumulative, i.e., work during semester breaks over the course of the degree program. Note: A Graduate Degree shall be considered fulfilling the experience requirement. Candidates must possess the basic knowledge of design and construction management practices; the ability to coordinate multiple assignments; ability to effectively communicate (in oral and written form) and to use a computer for e-mail, correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets; ability to create independent reports; ability to coordinate work with others; ability to ‘read’ construction drawings and apply associated construction specifications; and, ability to function in a team oriented environment.
SALARY/BENEFITS: UM offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance, tuition remission, retirement, 25 days of leave, 14 holidays and 15 sick days. Starting salary range is $52,780 - $65,975.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit application packages electronically; click here to apply. For best consideration applications should include: (1) cover letter, (2) resume including salary history, and (3) contact information for three professional references. For best consideration, apply by May 27, 2016. If additional information is needed, call FM-Human Resources 301-405-3214
Location: College Park, MD
Company: University of Maryland
Job Description: Coordinator of Green Housing Programs
The Coordinator for Green Housing Programs will develop, pilot, scale and manage programs that engage students living in residence halls, fraternity/sorority chapter houses and the departmental staff who work with these populations in sustainable behaviors and create a culture of sustainability in these residential communities.
The Coordinator will develop and oversee two new green housing programs: the Green Chapter Program in the Department of Fraternity/Sorority Life (DFSL), and the Green Challenge Program (already in development) in the Department of Resident Life (DRL). The Coordinator will interact with and/or advise staff and students in DRLand DFSL, and will collaborate as needed with staff in various offices, including but not limited to Living/Learning Programs, Facilities Management, and Residential Facilities.
This is a twelve-month contractual position with funding for two years and prospect of continuing funding for additional years based on the successful implementation of programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Education, Communications, Business or related field required. Master’s or other advanced degree in the above listed areas or related field preferred, such as Higher Education/Student Affairs.
At least two (2) years of experience in developing and implementing environmental and/or sustainability programs, behavior-change programs, environmental planning or policy, or related area.
Experience in environmental initiatives, resource management, and teaching/presenting complex information. Experience in housing, residence life, fraternity/sorority life, or student affairs.
Experience conducting and implementing sustainability programs at a college or university preferred.
Academic experience specific to sustainability preferred.
Project planning experience involving complex environmental initiatives in a large, diverse setting.
Knowledge of various social media applications and updating website content.
Understanding of environmental best management practices in universities.
To apply, click here.
Location: Annapolis, MD
Company: The Drawing Board
Job Description: Architectural Intern
The Drawing Board, Inc. is a small family owned architectural firm in Annapolis, Maryland looking to hire a full-time architectural intern. We have been serving our community and the Mid-Atlantic region for 30 years, and we are excited to add to our growing team. The firm works on a mix of single- family residential and commercial projects from contemporary to traditional designs. Applicants must be very proficient in Revit Architecture, and AutoCAD Architecture. Knowledge of other 3D programs is a plus. All applicants must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in architecture. Compensation is competitive, and will be based upon experience. Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio (all as a PDF) to: Jessica@thedrawingboardinc.com
Location: Bethesda, MD
Company: Hains Architects
Job Description: Intern Architect
Hains Architects, established in 1997, is a custom residential practice providing custom client-specific architectural design and service to our clients. Our goal is to help clients in planning, design and construction of their projects in a manner that is creative and affordable. Our projects include renovations and additions, interior design, custom new homes and historic restoration.
Hains Architects design philosophy considers various factors such as client needs and desires, budget, site situation and neighborhood to develop a creative and appropriate design solution.
Located in Bethesda, Maryland; Hains Architects is a small, relaxed office environment that encourages open dialog and learning from each team member.
Position Description: Intern Architect
- We are looking for a candidate with min. 2 years’ experience in residential design & construction. Candidate will provide support to the design principal and project architect in areas of CAD, 3D modeling, field documentation and research.
- Assist in field measuring of existing conditions and produce existing condition documents.
- Participate in preparation of design, construction documents, construction site visits and material research.
- Prepare presentation drawings and various office duties.
- Attend client/contractor meetings & assist in presentations.
- Architectural degree.
- Attention to detail, organized and good writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp required. Knowledge of ArchiCad, Photoshop, InDesign and basic hand sketching/rendering a plus.
- Relaxed, low maintenance personality important.
- Must like dogs…or at least tolerate the office dog Ellie.
- Based on experience, however in the range of $18 to $25/hour.
Contact: Send resume & work samples to Jeffrey Hains, Principal to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Washington DC/On-Location
Company: US Small Business Administration
Job Description: Construction Analysts (On-Call Position)
The U.S. Small Business Administration is looking to hire up to 500 Construction Analysts in the next 60 days. If you are looking for a great place to work, you like to travel, and you are willing to assist disaster victims, then we want YOU!
We are looking for individuals with a background in construction, structural engineering and/or architecture. This job entails traveling to a disaster site to determine damage and/or loss to homes and/or businesses to assist disaster victims quickly. With your help, the disaster victims can return to a normal life after a disaster. You will be required to have knowledge of property and structure costs for repairs and/or replacement of property.
This is an “on-call” (intermittent) position; you will be deployed when needed to respond to disaster activity. Once activated for deployment, you will travel to a disaster site and assess property for repairs or rebuild (all your travel accommodations are paid by SBA). You will remain on-site until your services are no longer required.
If you are ready for this challenge, please see the links below for announcements containing more detailed information on positions available and how to apply.
Construction Analyst, GS-7:
Construction Analyst, GS-9:
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Scott Truman at 703-487-8100 ext. 6031 or email@example.com.
Location: New York, NY
Company: BAM Architecture Studio
Job Description: Entry Level Staff Architect
BAM Architecture Studio is a design oriented architecture firm headquartered in New York City with an office in Los Angeles.
We do impressive work for great clients at well-known and well-respected companies and institutions. We bring inventive design solutions to every project, providing Architecture, Interior Design and Strategic Planning services for our Workplace, Media+Entertainment, Healthcare and Science+Technology clients.
We pride ourselves on providing the best work environment and best benefits possible. We do this to attract the best people. We have a dynamic, creative culture that provides the tools to help individuals get their work done efficiently while emphasizing a team approach so the entire firm is successful.
We add to our team carefully and thoughtfully, by hiring only smart, engaged individuals. We are currently looking to expand our team in New York City with the right candidate.
Currently, we are seeking to hire two (2) Staff Architects in New York City, each with solid design and communication skills.
· Work together with architectural design teams on projects.
· Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and
schematic design, design development, construction drawings and construction
· Develop design concepts and generate construction documents.
· Work with interior designers in selection of furniture systems and specifications.
· Support project team coordination for plans, specifications, and material
selections required for construction.
· Work with consultants to meet overall project objectives.
· Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant
· Work within given fees and contracts for projects.
· Manage time to stay on schedule and within budgets.
· Understand design vision. Work to implement design based upon contractual
agreement with client.
· Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client and team relationships.
· Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
· Participate in business development and marketing efforts.
· Entry level position for recent architecture graduate with up to 2 years of experience, ideally with a focus on commercial, technology or healthcare architecture.
· Working knowledge of the design process, including drafting construction drawings.
· Outstanding conceptual 3 dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills.
· Computer skills to include Revit or similar BIM software and AutoCad.
Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch Up important.
· Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple
concurrent projects in various stages of development.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to quickly communicate design ideas both verbally and visually.
· Strong personal leadership, organization and relationship management skills.
· Bachelors degree in Architecture from an American accredited school.
The successful candidate must be able to work well as part of a design team, make immediate contributions and take initiative to complete work.
The full-time position offers competitive salary, potential profit bonus, company paid medical and dental coverage, paid commute, 401K retirement plan, short term and long term disability insurance, and a great office location in SoHo. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off plus paid holidays and two additional floating days. We encourage career growth by paying towards AIA membership, Professional Licensure and LEED certification.
Send your resume, salary request and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
Please keep submissions to less than 10 MB. The candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Learn more about our firm at www.bam-studio.com. Please, no phone calls about this position. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Company: Bergmann and Associates
Job Description: Intern Architect
Bergmann Associates has an immediate need for an intern architect in our Charlotte, NC office working for the Buildings group.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard architectural techniques and procedures, while using judgment to make minor adaptations and modifications to existing designs.
- Assignments have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of limited number of variables.
- Assistance given for unusual problems and work is normally reviewed for sound professional judgment
- Performs work on complex components or sub-systems and related elements using advanced analysis and design methods.
- May be required to perform field inspections, measurements or calculations
- Works independently to apply code provisions and design procedures
- Demonstrated skills at producing and organizing presentations; becoming skilled at presenting
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team culture and work cohesively with others
- Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited university, plus two years as two years as Intern Architect 1 or related experience
- Intermediate to advanced operational understanding and use of the appropriate CAD software and methods, including any architectural software (proficiency with Revit is preferred)
- Working toward Registered Architect certification (with proof of IDP certification or completion)
- Demonstrated interest in contributing time and intellect to community and/or professional volunteer interests and initiatives of the candidates choosing
- Strong interest in Educational, Civic & Commercial projects
Please provide a work portfolio listing relevant work experience that best demonstrate the alignment of experience with the listed criteria. To apply, please click here.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Company: H. Chambers Company
Job Description: Architectural Intern
We are seeking an Architectural Intern for an entry level position in the career of an architect. As an Architectural Intern you will work under the direct supervision of an architect and gain valuable experience in the field of architecture. This is a full time, salaried position and Chambers offers an excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities and essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Studies and drawings of existing and proposed buildings
- Preparation of documents for design, presentations and construction
- Checking of code compliance
- Preparation of reports for clients
- Other assigned duties
Skills and Experience
An Architectural Intern should possess the following skills and attributes:
- 5-year professional degree and/or a Master’s degree from a college/university in architecture
- AutoCAD or Revit experience is required
- A strong commitment to obtaining an architectural license in the future but it is not required at this time
- Interest in hospitality design
- Ability to work as part of a team
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an architectural or interior design office is preferred
The H. Chambers Company Profile
Founded in 1899 to provide the finest painting and decorative finishing in Baltimore, the underlying philosophy of the H. Chambers Company has always been: to be and provide the best.
Much of our work in recent decades has focused on country, golf and city clubs. It has earned us considerable distinction— Chambers was most recently named 'Clubhouse Design Firm of the Year' in 2014 by BoardRoom Magazine and received recognition from Golf Inc. Magazine for our work at St. Clair Country Club in PA for the '2014 Clubhouse Renovation of the Year'. Today, we offer a full range of services, including strategic and master planning, architecture, interior design, purchasing and installation.
Chambers has three offices around the country. The original office located in Baltimore, MD, Dallas, TX and the most recently opened Minneapolis, MN. There are approximately 22 employees in our Baltimore location.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume, and any portfolio information to Rachel Swan at email@example.com.
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Company: Bennett Frank McCarthy
Job Description: Intern Architect
Bennett Frank McCarthy Architects is an award winning firm that seeks new graduates for an Intern Architect position. Bennett Frank McCarthy is a Silver Spring firm focused in residential architecture. We are looking for talented, motivated, organized and detail oriented individuals. We take pride in our collegial studio environment where individual growth is supported, thoughtful work and creativity are encouraged.
Qualified individuals must have a BS degree in Architecture and have experience with 3D and CADD software. Interested persons should submit their resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Description: Architectural Intern
LS3P’s Charleston, South Carolina office is seeking bright and ambitious individuals anxious to develop their career and personal goals within a dynamic and creative environment. Successful candidates will be passionate about design; detail-oriented; efficient; devoted to quality output; able to work independently, as well as in a team environment; possess the organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines; and have excellent communication skills. Willingness and ability to travel to out-of-state project sites is necessary.
Qualified applicants are required to possess a B.Arch or M.Arch degree from an accredited architectural school or foreign equivalent; demonstration of licensure track is desired and a minimum of 6-months experience in an architectural firm is required. LEED accreditation or interest in achieving accreditation is preferred.
Technical proficiency in the following is required: AutoDesk Revit Architecture, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office. Experience with graphics software such as Google SketchUp, 3D Studio Max, Lumion and/ or other 3D imaging software is an advantage. Additional skill sets desired:
• Excellent communication skills and a strong team ethic;
• Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills;
• Strong design, graphic, and presentation skills;
• Understanding of the design and procurement process;
• Ability to interact professionally with office leadership and clients;
• Ability to direct and motivate work efforts of others and handle stressful situations;
• Ability to self-manage project assignments from start to finish with oversight;
• Technical production skills are necessary and require a demonstrated ability to effectively produce design and construction documents.
Qualified applicants must apply here. A cover letter, resume with salary history and salary expectations and portfolio demonstrating Revit skills and rendering abilities is required.
Location: Annapolis, MD
Company: J.R. Bernlohr Architects
Job Description: Architectural Interns
J R Bernlohr Architects, a design leader in the health and fitness industry, has immediate openings for architectural interns. Design, document, and manage commercial, mixed use, and residential projects. Join a small studio serving national and international clients. We offer a creative work environment, competitive salary, and an opportunity for career growth. Both summer and full time positions are available.
JRBA uses the following software: AutoCad, Vectorworks, Sketch Up, FormZ, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite.
Please send resume and electronic portfolio to: email@example.com
To learn more about our firm visit: www.bernlohrarchitects.com
Location: Washington, DC
Company: Donald Lococo Architects LLC
Job Description: Intern Architect
Donald Lococo Architectets, an award winning, frequently published architectural firm in Georgetown, is in search of an Intern Architect with three to five years’ experience in high end custom single family residential projects or working drawings to expand our firm. Design capable, self-motivated, must be able to interact directly with principal architect of our firm and with clients and interact at weekly site visits of multiple projects in contract administration. Knowledge of AUTOCAD a must. Also Photoshop and Sketch up a plus. For more information on our company, please visit our website: Donaldlococoarchitects.com
Compensation is dependent upon experience. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, half of individual health insurance through Care First Blue Cross Blue Shield and bonus at year's end. Please send resumes, transcripts and portfolio to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Recent graduates at internship level welcome.
Location: Lanham, MD and Baltimore, MD
Company: Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
Job Description: Summer Internship
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is currently recruiting Student Technical Assistant to hire college students for several temporary summer internship positions at the Department. This great opportunity is for graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled in college who are passionate about our mission and committed to the work at Department to make a difference. This internship will provide a meaningful experience to students by assigning special projects and hands-on-experience in a work environment.
We currently have opportunities in the areas of:
- Community Outreach
- Public Policy/Public Administration
In the supplemental questionnaire section of the application, please indicate the positions that would interest you based on your field of study and future career goals.
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, students must have completed freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in an undergraduate program and be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Students must have at least 30 undergraduate semester credits to be considered.
Appropriate College Majors: Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics, Journalism, Mass Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Liberal Arts, or another related field. The representatives that attended our Career Fair were very impressed by our students and strongly encourage them to apply.
Transcripts are required to verify education and must be uploaded and attached to the online application for consideration.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Location: Kensington, MD
Company: Arts on the Block
Job Description: Lead and Assistant Teaching Artist
Arts on the Block is seeking a experienced lead and assistant teaching artists to deliver high-quality art, career, business, and life skills training experiences for up to 20 teen “apprentices” in AOB’s “Pour Your ART Out” Montgomery County (MC) and Washington DC (DC) programs. Our immediate need is for seasonal/full-time, Lead Teaching Artists who are available part-time pre- and post- program for preparation and evaluation. Ideally, “lead” candidates are also available to lead PYAO (MC) part-time during the school year (October through April).
Arts on the Block Studio
4218 Howard Avenue, Suite 3A
Kensington, MD 20895
Full-time, summer (Seasonal) – late June through mid-August, Monday through Friday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), plus pre- and post-season planning and evaluation time.
Optional, but preferred: Part-time, school year (Seasonal) – late September through early April, Wednesdays (3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.) and Saturdays (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), plus pre- and post-season planning and evaluation time.
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance/revise a PYAO curriculum, which covers visual art education, business management, job and life skills training within an “Advancing Youth Development” framework;
- Design and manage other critical aspects of program, including work flow creation and program quality control;
- Manage customer relations on commissioned projects;
- Develop, refine, and implement project ideas;
- Participate in screening and selection of teen apprentices;
- Maintain safe worksite;
- Document workshop progress;
- Document completed artworks;
- Prepare mid- and end-of-season summaries and administer Apprentice Artist assessments;
- Manage preparation for semi-annual or summer open house (or comparable event);
- Train participants to deliver effective visual and verbal presentations;
- Manage Assistant Teaching Artist or Studio Assistant
- Undergraduate degree or higher, preferably in an arts or design-related discipline;
- Significant experience with commissioned and public art;
- Significant experience designing and implementing a visual arts curriculum for a diverse population of high school-aged or older youth;
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills in working with a diverse population of employees, customers, managers, vendors, partners and the general public;
- Demonstrable business competence including verbal, written, and presentation skills as well as organizational, leadership and supervisory skills
- Familiarity and experience with Advancing Youth Development principles;
- Experience with mosaics and other sculptural materials;
- Retail or other business management experience;
- Experience creating client presentation materials using Photoshop, InDesign, and/or other software;
- Experience teaching digital art to high school aged youth;
- Familiarity with the Washington, DC area arts community and art sites;
- Competence with both Apple and Microsoft operating systems.
Please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Lead” or “Assistant Teaching Artist” in the subject line. Applications will not be accepted by mail. Applications will be considered until position is filled.
Location: Washington, DC
Company: Atelier MjK
Job Description: Junior Architect/Architect
Atelier MjK specializes in commercial, residential, and institutional work in the D.C metropolitan region and beyond. We deliver high quality, sustainable buildings to our clients.
We are seeking a full-time Junior Architect or Architect to assist with site measurements, drawings, and renderings. Candidate should be proficient in autocad, revit, and photoshop. LEED / green building experience a plus. Successful candidates will have excellent organizational skills, demonstrated responsibility, and a strong attention to detail.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send resumes and cover letter no larger than 10MB to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Company: Alberto & Associates
Job Description: Architect/Urban Designer
Alberto & Associates – Architecture, Interior Design & Land Planning seeks 1-2 full-time graduates to work on a variety of architecture, urban design and master planning projects. A&A is particularly interested in University of Maryland graduates with an interest in community-centered design who have experience working in a professional setting.
Alberto & Associates is dedicated to the principles of traditional place-making and is a full-service design firm with market sectors in mixed-use, health care, senior living, multi-family and commercial projects. Projects typically consist of an integrated combination of up-front site planning and urban design followed by detailed architectural documentation. Successful candidates will gain experience in all aspects of the planning and building delivery process with the opportunity to become a key member of a growing firm. Candidates should have a comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Revit and AutoCAD while hand drawing and rendering skills are a plus.
The firm is located in historic Haddonfield, New Jersey with direct 15 minute train access to center-city Philadelphia. Alberto & Associates offers a competitive compensation package that includes health benefits, a 401(k) plan, professional development opportunities and an intern development program that encourages completion of the IDP/ARE process into full licensure. Information on Alberto & Associates may be found at www.albertoassociates.com. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio sample to Josh Eckert, Director of Planning & Urban Redevelopment, at email@example.com.
Location: Bridgehampton, NY
Company: Blaze Makoid Architecture
Job Description: Architectural Designer
Located in Bridgehampton, NY, Blaze Makoid Architecture is a 13 person, collaborative architectural design firm focusing on modern residential and small commercial projects. Since the firm’s inception in 2001, we have created sophisticated, luxury residential architecture in the most sought after locations.
Our work is modern. We see this not as an applied ‘style’, but as a process, an investigation and a way of collaboration in pursuit of a universally understood solution that is elegant, functional and complete. We do not pursue the fashion of the moment. Rather we strive for a timeless product that remains fresh, exciting and inspiring for years to come.
Our work has received numerous national and international awards and has been recognized in The New York Times, Architect Magazine, Hamptons Cottage & Gardens, Beach, Ocean Home and The Robb Report for designs that acknowledge the lifestyle and day-to-day experience our clients desire on beautiful, yet demanding sites.
We are seeking junior and intermediate architects to join our firm full time with a great opportunity for growth in an informal, dedicated work environment. These positions require the ability to carry the design intent of projects from initial inception through construction documentation and fieldwork.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture
Entry level to 4 years of experience
Revit, Sketch Up and Photoshop experience required
To apply, please send your resume, portfolio and samples of construction documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: McLean, VA
Company: LDG Architecture + Design
Job Description: Graduate Architect Project Designer
LDG Architecture + Design is a dynamic architecture, interior design, and graphic design firm located in McLean, Virgina. We interact extensively with our clients to create exceptional commercial office spaces, restaurants, retail spaces, and custom residential renovations and additions. Our approach to design teams our architects and interior designers incorporating design disciplines to create dynamic architectural experiences, highly productive work environments, and contextual, thoughtful, and client responsive design solutions.
Our team approach offers our employees opportunities for participation in all aspects of the architectural field. Currently we are seeking a GRADUATE ARCHITECT PROJECT DESIGNER with 0-4 years experience who is interested in diverse career development, exercising creativity, building leadership skills, and expanding technical knowledge. You will be directly involved in the design process, client interaction, technical execution of design concepts, and assist with construction administration. You will develop 3 dimensional and 2 dimensional design and construction documents and be involved with design presentations. You will work in conjunction with our team of architects and interior designers to produce and promote design excellence.
The selected candidate will:
Provide creative abstract design concepts and transform those concepts into real built environments.
Become a well rounded architect capable of various facets of the field of architecture
Be passionate and enthusiastic in sharing design concepts, visualizations and presentations. Convey enthusiasm to clients, show confidence, and build client relations. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Maintain and build positive client contacts.
Build knowledge of construction methods and systems appropriate to the firm’s work.
Possesses strong organizational and time management techniques.
Demonstrate ability to organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
Participate with construction administration and engage with contractors.
Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design/technical intent or relationship with fellow workers.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education Experience and Skills:
Minimum 4 year degree in Architecture.
0-4 years of progressive experience in interior design with an emphasis on commercial office projects or experience with residential design.
Proficient in AutoCad, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office Suite
LDG Architecture and Design provides full benefits to full time employees.
Provide resume and additional documents to:
ll@LDGArchitecture+ Design, PLLC
Location: Burtonsville, MD
Company: Sundecks by T&A Contractors, Inc.
Job Description: Architectural Designer
Sundecks is looking for a full time Architectural Designer to provide design renders and construction documents for outdoor living projects such as decks, porches, and landscaping, to be constructed for residential and professional builder clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creating and editing construction documents using digital programs such as AutoCAD, VectorWorks, and
Photoshop. Documents and plans will be used by production managers for pricing and obtaining permits, as
well as by construction teams in the field.
- Creating 3D renders of outdoor living designs for clients using programs such as VectorWorks or Sketchup.
- Writing and assembling document sets for obtaining Homeowner Association approval or County Permit when
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic Design Knowledge
- Computer-aided Design experience (2D & 3D)
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel and Word)
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field OR
- Associate’s Degree in Architectural Design or related field OR
- Computer Aided Drafting Certification
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Christopher Sheehy, ChrisS@sundecksbytanda.com